Everything we accomplished through Healthy Davis Together, we did with the commitment and support from the residents of Davis and Yolo County. We are proud to be to part of such a resilient and remarkable community. Thank you:
- To all the community members who got tested and to the testing site and mobile testing teams. We conducted more than 850,000 tests and identified nearly 15,000 positive cases.
- To the school districts, school nurses, teachers, and students who supported and participated in onsite testing in more than 50 K–12 schools across Yolo County.
- To the UC Davis Genome Center team who analyzed more than 2 million COVID-19 samples from our communities, schools, UC Davis, UC Merced, and other partners, identified positives cases, and monitored COVID-19 variants.
- To everyone who has been vaccinated and boosted.
- To the HDT Business Partner Program participants who went the extra mile to help increase safety and keep our economy going.
- To the UC Davis scientists and laboratory teams, couriers, and wastewater treatment plants for collecting and analyzing Davis wastewater samples to monitor the presence of the virus. When we started wastewater testing for COVID-19, few cities were doing it. Now, it’s become an important public health tool that we’re continuing into 2023.
- To the Aggie Public Health Ambassadors who encouraged campus and community members to follow public health guidance.
- To the amazing partners and advisors representing the different sectors of our community for providing timely, valuable guidance and support.
- And a special thank you to the health care workers who have worked tirelessly during the pandemic.